- This event has passed.
Bodies & Buddies
September 24 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
For parents of children 7 – 12 years
A 90 minute information session for parents of children 7 to 12 years old about boundaries, consent, safety & body awareness.
Learn how to talk with your child about their developing bodies and expanding curiosity
Find out what is normal and why it is never too soon to start the conversation.
Help keep them healthy & safe
We cover topics such as
- Appropriate touching
- Relationships & feelings
- Healthy boundaries
- Online safety & porn
- Peer pressure
- Body image
- Sexual safety
- Self esteem
- Navigating media & messages
As a parent it is very easy to feel overwhelmed by the number of issues facing our young people as they navigate their way in relationships, love & sex. As a parent It is easy to feel powerless in the face of porn, social media & peer pressure.
But now, more than ever, we need to be there for them. We need to be the ones they turn to.
We need to be their source of honest, positive information.
Being a sex positive parent is a skill.
And like any skill, some techniques, some resources and some guidance can make all the difference between struggle and success.
Sex positive parenting helps your child understand that:
- They have a right to respect
- They have a right to safety
- Relationships are fundamental to engaing in healthy sexual activities
- They have the skills & abilities to create boundaries & choose wisely
- Their bodies are unique and valuable, and should be treated as such
- What they are shown in porn & the media is not real
- That sexuality is about connection, exploration & self respect
Lily and her team have condensed the very best in latest research and combined it with practical parenting strategies to give you easy, fun ways to guide your children through this tricky territory.
Come and learn how to be the person your child turns to when they have questions.