Get Up Girl
A kick ass day of
What happens when one of Australia’s best MMA fighters teams up with
the educators and activists from the One A Day Project?
Get Up Girl is what happens.
This day will be a combination of physical experience, capacity building, and friendship forming. We spend the day learning about
- Body awareness – what is a YES and what is a NO
- Intuition – how to tap into your best safety tester – your intuition
- Group dynamics – how to go against the flow if it is not safe for you
- Consent – what is consent and what you can do if your consent is being ignored or challenged
- Weapons – your best defence is your intelligence, your intuition, your independence and your VOICE. Learn how to use all 4 to keep yourself super safe in lots of different situations
- Self Esteem – get to know why YOU are really worth looking after
- Self Defence – we spend half the day with Luke Morris, Australian champion MMA fighter Luke Morris where we learn practical self defence skills that will help you if you do find yourself in a sticky situation. From brush offs, right down to worst case scenario, Luke is going show you just how much power you do have.
Date: Saturday October 20
Time: 10am registration. 3.30pm finish
Cost: FREE This one day workshop is fully sponsored by The One A Day Project and New Breed Movement.
REGISTRATION IS ESSENTIAL – no walk ins on the day!
Frequently Asked Questions
What age group is this for?
Where will it be held?
7/9 Wingara Dr, Coffs Harbour NSW 2450
Do I need to be fit to attend?
What should I wear?
Loose comfortable clothing and sports shoes
Minimal or no jewellery
Hair tied back or bring ties with you
What should I bring?
You will need a parent or guardian to sign your registration form, so you will need one of those
You will need your lunch and a water bottle
You will need to bring any medication you might need (like asthma puffers etc)
Ready To Register?
Registration is ESSENTIAL and can be completed online