Get Up Girl
A kick ass program of
What happens when one of Australia’s
best self defence academy teams up with
the educators and activists from the One A Day Project?
Get Up Girl is what happens.
This course is a combination of physical experience, capacity building, and friendship forming.
Over 6 weeks we learn about….
- Body awareness – what is a YES and what is a NO
- Intuition – how to tap into your best safety tester – your intuition
- Group dynamics – how to go against the flow if it is not safe for you
- Consent – what is consent and what you can do if your consent is being ignored or challenged
- Weapons – your best defence is your intelligence, your intuition, your independence and your VOICE. Learn how to use all 4 to keep yourself super safe in lots of different situations
- Self Esteem – get to know why YOU are really worth looking after
- Self Defence – we spend time each week with Australian champion MMA fighter Luke Morris where we learn practical self defence skills that will help you if you do find yourself in a sticky situation. From brush offs, right down to worst case scenario, Luke is going show you just how much power you do have.
Get Up Girl will be running in Coffs Harbour as an after school program from Term Two, 2019. It will run for 6 weeks and numbers will be strictly limited. Please register your interest below to be notified of the first round offer of places.
Frequently Asked Questions
What age group is this for?
Where will it be held?
Do I need to be fit to attend?
What should I wear?
Loose comfortable clothing and sports shoes
Minimal or no jewellery
Hair tied back or bring ties with you
What should I bring?
You will need a parent or guardian to sign your registration form, so you will need one of those
You will need a water bottle
You will need to bring any medication you might need (like asthma puffers etc)
Ready To Register?