A kick ass program of
What happens when Australia’s
best self defence academy teams up with
the educators and activists from the One A Day Project?
Get Up Girl is what happens.
This one day course is a combination of physical experience, capacity building, and friendship forming.
Together we learn about….
- Body awareness – what is a YES and what is a NO
- Intuition – how to tap into your best safety tester – your intuition
- Group dynamics – how to go against the flow if it is not safe for you
- Consent – what is consent and what you can do if your consent is being ignored or challenged
- Respectful Relationships – red flags, green flags and what to do about them
- Bystander Approach – how to help out your friends if they are struggling
- Weapons – your best defence is your intelligence, your intuition, your independence and your VOICE. Learn how to use all 4 to keep yourself super safe in lots of different situations
- Self Esteem – get to know why YOU are really worth looking after
- Mental & Emotional wellness – ways to keep yourself safe, happy & strong
- Self Defence – learn practical self defence skills that will help you if you do find yourself in a sticky situation. From brush offs, right down to worst case scenario, we are going to show you just how much power you do have.
I want in to the hottest girl gang in town…
Frequently Asked Questions
What age group is this for?
Girls currently enrolled in year 8, 9 or 10.
How many girls are in each group
We take a maximum of 12 girls and have 2 instructors present
Due to these very limited numbers, tickets sell out very quickly
What does it cost?
Early bird tickets are only $119 and are on sale up until 2 weeks before the event or until sold out
Regular tickets are $149
Where will it be held?
Please see your region for details
The Get Up Girl in my area is all sold out - now what??
We only allow small groups for Get Up Girl, so tickets are in high demand. If you have missed your area, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to go on the wait list.
Do I need to be fit to attend?
What should I wear?
Loose comfortable clothing and sports shoes
Minimal or no jewellery
Hair tied back or bring ties with you
What should I bring?
You will need a parent or guardian to sign your registration form, so you will need one of those
You will need a water bottle
You will need to bring any medication you might need (like asthma puffers etc)
Do parents attend?
As long as your young person has their paperwork signed, and is in possession of water, food and appropriate clothing, you are good to go. See you when you return to collect your new girl gang member.
Who are the instructors?
CEO, Founder & Boss Babe Instructor
With a background in Herbal Medicine & Counselling, Lily has specialised in women’s health, and specifically recovery from sexual trauma for over 2 decades. Between her private practice and her speaking career she has helped thousands of women claim back their health, vitality, body sovereignty & mental well-being after instances of sexual abuse, rape, violence & trauma.
A qualified reality based self defence instructor, Lily is keen to teach every woman how to stand tall and walk safe. Totally dedicated to changing the destiny of one young person every single day, for the rest of her life, she spends her waking hours facilitating educational programs, parenting her 3 epic kids and curating social change events.
Bad Ass Boxing Warrior Woman
With an abundance of energy Isabel is a leopard print wearing, go getting, shiny sequin who oozes enthusiasm. She’s not afraid to get silly and connects and relates to young people with ease, creating a safe and supported space for them to express their true selves and engage with difficult conversations.
A fierce but kind warrior woman, who is always up for a fight. Fighting for humanitarian rights, fighting for social equity, fighting for young people to be heard, and fighting in amateur boxing competitions. With extensive experience in supporting women and young people through trauma and the lived experience of domestic and sexual violence, Isabel is committed to working with both young men and women to change the way the world works and create a safer society for all.