Our teenagers are struggling in a hyper-sexualised, bewildering, digitally enhanced relationship landscape like never before. In an age where information is so readily accessible, our young people have more questions, and less trusted places to go to for answers.
As a parent it is very easy to feel overwhelmed by the number of issues facing our young people as they navigate their way in relationships, love & sex. As a parent It is easy to feel powerless in the face of porn, social media & peer pressure.
But now, more than ever, we need to be there for them. We need to be the ones they turn to.
We need to be their source of honest, positive information.
Being a sex positive parent is a skill.
And like any skill, some techniques, some resources and some guidance can make all the difference between struggle and success.
Sex positive parenting helps your child understand that:
- They have a right to respect
- They have a right to safety
- Relationships are fundamental to engaing in healthy sexual activities
- They have the skills & abilities to create boundaries & choose wisely
- Their bodies are unique and valuable, and should be treated as such
- What they are shown in porn & the media is not real
- That sexuality is about connection, exploration & self respect
Lily and her team have condensed the very best in latest research and combined it with practical parenting strategies to give you easy, fun ways to guide your children through this tricky territory.
Come and learn how to be the person your child turns to when they have questions.